Ohio Home Burns Down after Bed Bug Treatment

January 23, 2017

Having bed bugs in your home can lead to nothing but bad news, physical and emotional distress. Unfortunately, seven Ohio residents know this all too well; not only did they have to deal with bed bugs, but their residence burned down, sparked by an alcohol based bed bug treatment.


The WKRC ABC 12 Cincinnati report is fairly concise but they documented that “the flames caused about $100,000 in damage.” Thankfully all seven residents of the premises were able to escape unscathed!


Nuisance is perhaps the best word in the English language to describe bed bugs. Not only are they extremely annoying once you’ve been infested. They can obliterate your skin, the worse the infestation, the worse the skin will end up because of the amount of bites; but they also cause a lot of monetary damage.

Once infested, it will cost you thousands of dollars to remove them. Even post extermination, you may need to throw out furniture, which can be a steep expense depending on the furniture. The best way to get rid of bed bugs, is to never get them in the first place.

Easier said than done!



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Featured Posts

Bed Bug Fact Sheet

May 24, 2017

Please reload

Recent Posts

September 13, 2019

September 5, 2019

Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags